The Enigmatic East
This journey takes you into the exquisite visual and cultural landscapes of India’s east. From the busily scurrying intellectual crowds of Kolkata and the extremely fertile tropical deltas of Ganga, to the hilly terrains of the foothills of the Himalayas and the endless tea estates, and ultimately to the lofty Greater Himalayas in Sikkim and the world’s third highest mountain, Kangchenjunga.
Meant as an initiation into the incredible diversity of India, Kamalan’s Ready-To-Travel programs are classic journeys that you can purchase off the shelf and get packing! Born out of a synchronous blend of our knowledge of the country and 30 years of travel experience, these journeys have been curated with passion and care.
Kolkata (2N) → Darjeeling (2N) → Pelling (2N) → Gangtok (2N) → Delhi (1N)
For a detailed itinerary, please check out our brochure.
- Take a walk through the potters’ village, Kumortuli in Kolkata and interact with the workers bringing the clay images of Goddess Durga to life
- Explore some of tea estates of Darjeeling and let an experienced estate caretaker explain the fascinating journey of tea from the plant to the cup
- Hike to a location outside Gangtok to watch the sun rise over the world’s third tallest mountain, the Kanchenjunga
- The meditative halls of the monasteries of the Tibetan Buddhists
- Drive through the rugged landscapes of the Upper Himalayas outside Gangtok
Starting from USD 1495 per person
9 days, 9 nights
Best Time to Travel
Ideally August to April, but can be done all year round
Art, history, spiritual, nature, adventure
This journey is available in Luxury, Mid-range and Budget options