India’s Urban Landscapes
India’s growing urban landscapes, which are some of the world’s largest, have their own stories to tell. India’s cities span different eras in different areas and this journey shows you the contrasts with which the new generation lives viz-a-viz the old. The animatedly erratic face of each Indian city has an inimitable character, be it in their language, their culture, the people’s attitudes, their histories. Their uniqueness is only experienced when one visits them.
Meant as an initiation into the incredible diversity of India, Kamalan’s Ready-To-Travel programs are classic journeys that you can purchase off the shelf and get packing! Born out of a synchronous blend of our knowledge of the country and 30 years of travel experience, these journeys have been curated with passion and care.
Delhi (2N) → Kolkata (2N) → Hyderabad (2N) → Bangalore (2N) → Mumbai (2N)
For a detailed itinerary, please check out our brochure.
- Explore the capital on foot walking through some of the historic markets of Chandni Chowk, Kinari Bazaar and through artisan’s villages in Kathputli colony
- Choose from Heritage Walks, Foodie or Culinary Walks in the capital
- Revel in Delhi’s vibrant modern art and street art scene at its numerous galleries and neighborhoods like Hauz Khas Village, Shahpur Jat and Khan Market
- Take a walk through the potters’ village, Kumortuli in Kolkata and interact with the workers bringing the clay images of Goddess Durga to life
- Take a tour of some of best busiest film studios in Mumbai see how the world’s largest film industry, known as ‘Bollywood’ functions
- Savor the delectable Hyderabadi Biryani made by a local host family which has served several generations of royalty in Hyderabad
- Take a walk through the contemporary art galleries in Bangalore and drive through the most modern quarters of the city’s IT districts
Starting from USD 1345 per person
11 days, 10 nights
Best Time to Travel
September to March would be ideal, although it can be done throughout the year
UNESCO, culinary, arts, crafts, history, heritage, nature, preservation, adventure
This journey is available in Luxury, Mid-range and Budget options