In the Land of Palaces and Kings
Rajasthan’s name translates to ‘the land of the kings’ and this route takes one into a time warp, exploring the urban districts of the desert state. A classic itinerary created for those needing an introduction to India’s north, this journey will take you through the cultural magnificence of forts and palaces in Rajasthan and one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahal. Encompassing those who have a love for all things old and new, vintage and contemporary, this pathway is very popular with the possibility of including activities in each city based on your interests.
Meant as an initiation into the incredible diversity of India, Kamalan’s Ready-To-Travel programs are classic journeys that you can purchase off the shelf and get packing! Born out of a synchronous blend of our knowledge of the country and 30 years of travel experience, these journeys have been curated with passion and care.
Delhi (3N) → Udaipur (3N) → Jodhpur (2N) → Jaipur (3N) → Agra (1N)
→ Delhi (Wash+Change)
This route begins in the capital of India, Delhi, from where it flies to the city of lakes and palaces, Udaipur. From Udaipur, after a stop at the beautiful hamlet of temples, Ranakpur, it will head to the blue city, Jodhpur. The path will wind its way to the capital of the land of kings and the pink city, Jaipur, then to the city of victory, Fatehpur Sikri. It will head to the home of the Taj Mahal, Agra.
For a detailed itinerary, please check out our brochure.
- Enjoy a private boat ride in the scenic Lake Pichola soon after which dinner follows at the Ambrai, a picturesque restaurant in the Amet Haveli overlooking the lake and the surrounding landscape
- Meet with a miniature painting artist specialising in the Mewar style of painting at his home, where you can have an initiation course in miniature painting
- End the day in Udaipur with an airy ride through the city in their choice of a vintage car
- Explore market places popular for silver art, textiles and spices in Jodhpur
- Watch a Bollywood movie at a popular historic cinema theater
- Have a private lavish lunch after an elephant ride at Dera Amer
Starting from USD 1295 per person
12 days, 11 nights
Best Time to Travel
Ideally August to April, but can be done all year round
Art, history, spiritual, nature, adventure
This journey is available in Luxury, Mid-range and Budget options