The Sikhs: Journey of a Faith
Experience the rich Sikh culture and history as you traverse the verdant landscapes of northern India. Travel to the birthplace of the Sikh faith, which is an eclectic confluence of several philosophies. A large part of the journey takes you through Punjab, a land whose history has shaped it so uniquely that the world’s image of India today has a signature mark of Punjab’s enchanting culture in some form or another.
The journey begins in the most sacred of Sikh holy places, Amritsar with a visit to the Golden Temple, the most revered Sikh shrine. Later, the route moves to the ancient city of Kapurthala for the rich royal legacy of erstwhile royal family. Passing through sacred shrines and ancient forts in Jalandhar, Anandpur Sahib, Patiala it will emerge in the modern architectural marvel and the capital of two states, Chandigarh, the first planned city in independent India.
- Come close to divinity in the serene environs of the Golden Temple in Amritsar, the most sacred Sikh shrine
- Marvel at the erstwhile capital of the Sikh Empire at Kapurthala, with its forts
- Watch a skillful tailor work his magic as he creates the famous Patiala suit and perhaps buy one for yourself
- Learn a move or two of the famous Bhangra style of folk dance at the Punjab Art Council in Chandigarh
- Witness the French architect Le Carbusier’s magic in the beautifully planned city of Chandigarh
- Watch the flag-down ceremony at the border in Wagah
- Savor the sweetness of Punjabi hospitality at a Sikh home as you learn a few dishes and have a meal with them
Best Time to Travel
November – March
Chandigarh, Amritsar, Wagah, Jalandhar, Anandpur Sahib, Patiala, Kapurthala
USD 2,000 and above (per person)
Brochure coming soon