We are a team of storytellers, crafting journeys and narratives out of the sublime chaos that is India. We spend our days together envisioning thematic journeys, quizzing each other on mythologies and histories, sourcing the right antique piece for a demanding guest, chasing the “soft light” for our photographer friends for the quintessential shot, negotiating prices with hotels, debating the choice of the “perfect” word for an idea… If spending your days similarly with a multidisciplinary team sounds appealing to you, do peruse the openings below.
Aside from the specified openings, we are always looking for travel researchers, graphic designers and writers. If you are a creative soul who believes that travel is a means to nourish the soul, and love the written word and the captured image, do send us a postcard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a luxury travel SALES role based in Delhi, ideal for those with over 2 years in Inbound itinerary planning, costing & sales in tailor-made journeys.
This is a fulltime sales role based in our Delhi office. Our clients are typically intellectuals who have an exploratory attitude towards life and travel in general. Kamalan journeys are highly thematic, based on the preferences and personality of the traveller. Some examples of previous journeys curated include a perfumer travelling in search of specific essences for their next perfume inspiration, an author looking for an ideal setting for their next novel, a musician looking to create fusion music with Indian classical musicians, among others. As a Salesperson, you will be engaging with such travellers and curating journeys for them.
• Sales of bespoke travel experiences in India to discerning travellers, curated according to their requirements• Create and nurture relationships with clients during the sales process and after it.
• Improve the profitability on each file by up-selling and cross-selling, keeping in mind monthly and quarterly sales targets
• Follow up on the client's experience during the trip every step of the way to ensure things go smoothly as planned, and monitor feedback at the end of the trip
• Take part in familiarisation visits to update destination knowledge of India and be involved in creative collaboration.
• Researching destinations and keeping up to date with travel industry news, also contributing ideas for marketing and communications.
• Prepare sales proposals in Adobe InDesign. (Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite will be a bonus.)
The ideal Pathfinder will:
• Be a storyteller at heart and a salesperson by nature• Have an appreciation for finer things in life, in art, literature, music, food & travel
• Have an in-depth knowledge of India’s cultural history
• A self-driven and result-oriented attitude to get things done on time
• Impeccable communication skills in English (Spoken and Written)
• Having a friendly and engaging personality.
What to expect?
The position is based in our Head Office in Delhi and you will be joining a multi-cultural team in an open work environment where creativity and knowledge are celebrated. You’ll get to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and nationalities and take part in creatively enriching activities. The compensation will be commensurate with industry standards.If it sounds like you can be a good fit for this role, please revert to us at email@example.com with your CV and cover letter. Please note that any application without a cover letter will not be considered.
This role will be based in our Delhi office and will offer the candidate a chance to be at the forefront of creating a luxury experiential brand in the digital space.
As a Digital Storyteller, you will be expected to do the following:-
• Gain an understanding of a luxury travel brand and create a digital strategy across all digital channels that serves to promote our digital efforts.
• Be a creative storytelling champion for Kamalan’s digital strategy, in partnership with our collaborators
• Define and implement a long term social media strategy and drive content marketing, publishing and moderation
• Conceptualize, scale, pre-produce, and oversee compelling digital content productions (i.e. social content, infographics, video and other forms of digital content)
• Develop a pipeline of go-to digital campaigns supporting business objectives
• Assess effectiveness of social and digital marketing initiatives and investments and report on Social KPI’s across channels
• Monitor and drive competitive and industry best practice by staying up to date with the developments in digital media
Requirements for this role include:
• Atleast 2 years experience within the field of digital media, preferably with an agency.
• Experience with a luxury brand or an experiential travel brand will be a major bonus.
• Masters Degree/PG Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Deep knowledge of social media platforms, in terms of managing a branded identity as well as marketing and targeting capabilities available to brands
The ideal candidate will be:
• Creative and widely-read, a literary intellectual at heart with a strong aesthetic for words and images
• Entrepreneurial and energetic with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and bring clarity and structure to ambiguous situations
• Someone with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style
• Very knowledgeable about Indian culture and widely travelled within the country
• A strategic thinker with a result-driven attitude to fulfil long-term objectives
• Diligent about the details; rolls up sleeves and figures things out!
Those interested can write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter & a resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be entertained.
The graphic designer will work on a variety of products and activities, such as website, advertising, books, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual 'brand'.
You'll work to a brief agreed with the team and will develop creative ideas and concepts. The appropriate media and style must be chosen to meet objectives. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
• discussing the business objectives and requirements of the job with the team;
• estimating the time required to complete the work;
• thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
• using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
• presenting finalised ideas and concepts;
• working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
• proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
• demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
• commissioning illustrators and photographers;
• working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Apart from technical and drawing skills, you will need to show:
• passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair;
• a flexible approach when working in a team;
• excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs;
• good presentation skills and the confidence to explain ideas;
• time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time;
• accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs;
• being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs;
• technical knowledge on working with software in Adobe Creative Cloud.
Internship or placement experience is extremely useful, especially if you have a reference who can recommend you and provide evidence of what you've done. The most valuable work experience comes from involvement in a live project, along with building a portfolio of your work.
1. Cover Letter is mandatory for applying to any role.