We are a team of storytellers, crafting journeys and narratives out of the sublime chaos that is India. We spend our days together envisioning thematic journeys, quizzing each other on mythologies and histories, sourcing the right antique piece for a demanding guest, chasing the “soft light” for our photographer friends for the quintessential shot, negotiating prices with hotels, debating the choice of the “perfect” word for an idea… If spending your days similarly with a multidisciplinary team sounds appealing to you, do peruse the openings below.
Aside from the specified openings, we are always looking for travel researchers, graphic designers and writers. If you are a creative soul who believes that travel is a means to nourish the soul, and love the written word and the captured image, do send us a postcard at email@example.com.
We are looking for a highly dedicated individual with interest in editing and publishing for an editorial internship in our Delhi office. The Editorial Intern will contribute to the content production at Kamalan by collaborating with various creative professionals, artists and reputed publications.
The Editorial Intern will be expected to perform and be responsible for the following activities
• Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns and develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for Kamalan.
• Help to conceptualize and create the right content to publish as well as engage with the target group across social media.
• Manage existing and new assets includeing literary, visual and multi-media content both on online and offline platforms.
• Identify open repositories/opportunities to bring more stories and ideas in alignment with target audience’s preferences
• Collaborate with the team to brainstorm on ideas for content
• Work on the layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors on stories published on our platforms
• Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
We expect the ideal candidate to -
• Have impeccable English writing skills
• Have an eye for detail along with critical thinking
• Be able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without constant supervision
• Be a warm personality and strike a positive chord with team members
• Have a strong knowledge of India’s cultural history.
• Have hands-on experience with MS Office as a must; experience in Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable
• Be well versed with Social Media and SEO
• Have an ability to prioritize and multitask
We’re looking for an intern to work within our marketing department where they will obtain exposure to marketing a luxury travel brand across different verticals like social media, publishing and digital media.
The Marketing Intern will be expected to perform and be responsible for the following activities
• Coordinate with the Marketing, Production and Editorial team for conducting market research, brand and communication ideas to hit the right target group
• Perform research activities to find articles, stories and resources, relevant to the target group and post links to social media profiles
• Work closely with the marketing and collaborations team of Kamalan to optimize the acquisition engagement and retention of customers
• Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends
• Coordinate with sales team when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product
• Optimize the marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels
• Follow up with the Editorial team to ensure the coherence of content published both online and offline
• Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
• Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying
We expect the ideal candidate to -
• Have a good business acumen with sound knowledge in marketing concepts.
• Have expertise in multiple Social Media Platforms, Content Management Systems, along with working knowledge of Email Marketing Platforms (like Mailchimp).
• Have impeccable oral and written communication skills.
• Be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple projects within specified timeframes.
• Have a prior work experience in a reputed digital agency, a major plus, along with a background in Travel/Publishing.
• Coordinate across different functionalities like Editorial and Production, also to embrace the change and adapt accordingly
• Have a strong knowledge of India’s cultural history
1. Cover Letter is mandatory for applying to any role.